Introducing, my best of 2022 Engagements post!! Even just this post was extremely hard to narrow down. My wedding post will be nearly impossible! I want to say a huge thank you to all of you who trust in me with your major life moments! (This goes for any moment!!). It’s such an honor! This year I was the busiest I’ve ever been and still managed to stay caught up. I travelled for many of them while having back to back weddings in Iowa! I do not hire editors, social media reps, 2nd shooters or associates. I do it all myself and am a firm believer in that because I want what I deliver and represent to be top quality only! After 14 years of shooting, I have it honed to a craft and intend to keep it that way, giving my clients my all!
For those of you newly engaged, here are some tips:
- Make sure you pick your date (and probably venue), THEN your photographer! We have to book you with a contract based on availability and you will need to know a date beforehand. With that said, I do have many clients plan their date around my availability, and I will never be sad about that! <3
- When searching for a photographer, make sure you can see their WHOLE wedding albums. I offer many of these directly on my full pricing guide, but am happy to send 100’s more at any time. The reason is because anyone (most) can make beautiful photos in picture perfect settings, but we all know weddings don’t go as planned. You may have rain, dark churches or receptions, etc. Your photographer should be able to light any scenario and make it look nice!
- I believe in shooting engagements with your photographer before your wedding! It’s a great way to get to know each other and get used to your photographer’s style so that you are very comfortable on your big day. This is why I throw free engagements into my wedding packages!
- If we ask you to do a pose you don’t like (ie: some saucier ones, etc.), just say so! We have an arsenal of poses under our belts and won’t do anything you don’t want to do! Just let us know!
- Follow your photographer on social media and get to know them! I personally love connecting with my clients online before and even after the wedding! Most become lifelong clients since I shoot everything else as well!
- You get what you pay for. It sounds harsh but so many come to me after wishing they’d had hired me instead of uncle bob or someone just starting out. You can’t get the day back and the photos are all you have to represent it all. Choose wisely!
- There are a variety of styles and editing out there! Make sure you choose one you will love 10 years from now when you look back!
- I also hand out a thorough photo guide and timeline questionnaire once people book to further guide them in the process!
Without further ado, here’s my 2022 best of Engagements! Stay tuned for the (giant) wedding post very soon!